It is 5:41 AM right now, Adam just cried and I am rocking him back to sleep.
Today is the day we are going to fly to Indonesia, first Tokyo then Jakarta and then Surabaya, our final destination. It is amazing the journey God took us on. When we decided to come here and step out in faith we sold our business along with some other stuff. It was enough for us to pay the lecture part of the school. Going on outreach, however, is also part of the school and for me to complete the school I have to complete the outreach. We went back and forth whether we were supposed to go to Indonesia or not.
When you do a secondary school in YWAM the outreach part is much more flexible and you can go wherever you want to. Also in YWAM, you have to raise your own support and that’s where our faith was tested like Job in the pig’s pen. (Did you know the prodigal son’s name was also Job… or was it Bob?) To start our faith-test journey we asked many people about raising support. They told us it’s not easy to ask people money but that’s just how it’s done. We disagreed. Surely God will provide for us if we are in His will; but if we ask for money we provide for our will, we argued.
One day the base announced a “giving” day. During the corporate worship time everyone would ask God who to give to. They wrote people’s name on a big white board and behind their names were a couple of numbers followed by a $ sign. As the day went on, the amount decreased and at the end they gave us about a 1000$. Amazing if you consider that everyone in that room is living by faith and does not have any money. We decided to go ahead and book the tickets, we almost had enough now. Then we discovered a bunch of costs we hadn’t heard about before and guess what? We got discouraged. Now we were struggling with the fact if it was Gods will or not for us to go. We came to the point that we called the airline and asked if we could cancel the tickets to Indonesia, but the answer was no. We asked God to confirm to us if it was His will and He did. So we stood on the truth and said to God: we know it is Your will, so you will provide. I was actually in the middle of writing a blog post declaring that God would provide when all of the sudden 4000$ came in, one day before the ground fees were due. Now we still need a little towards the tickets, but you can imagine we are not worried in the least. Gloria A Dios.
PS: we will keep you up to date about our trip!